Victron Energy QUA125021100 Quattro 12/5000/220-100/100 120V VE.Bus
- PowerControl / PowerAssist Yes
- Integrated Transfer switch Yes
- AC inputs (2x) Input voltage range: 90-140 VAC Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz Power factor: 1
- Maximum feed through current 2x 100 A
- Input voltage range 9,5 – 17 V, 19 – 33V, 38 – 66 V
- Output (1): Output voltage: 120 VAC ± 2% and Frequency: 60 Hz ± 0,1%
- Cont. output power at 25°C (3) 5000 VA
- Cont. output power at 25°C 4000 W
- Cont. output power at 40°C 3700 W
- Cont. output power at 65°C 3000 W
- Peak power 10000 W
- Maximum efficiency 94 %
- Zero load power 30 W
- Zero load power in AES mode 25 W
- Zero load power in Search mode 10 W
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ (V DC) 14,4 V
- Charge voltage ‘float’ (V DC) 13,8 V
- Storage mode (V DC) 13,2 V
- Charge current house battery (A) (4) 2o0 A
- Charge current starter battery (A) 4 A (12V and 24V models only)
- Battery temperature sensor Yes
- Auxiliary output (5) 50 A
- Programmable relay (6) 3x
- Protection (2) a-g
- VE.Bus communication port for parallel, split phase, and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General purpose com. port 2x
- Remote on-off Yes
- Common Characteristics operating temp.: -40 to +65˚C, Humidity (non-condensing): max. 95%
- Common Characteristics: Material & Colour aluminium (blue RAL 5012) Protection category: IP 21
- Battery-connection four M8 bolts (2 plus and 2 minus connections)
- 230 V AC-connection Bolts M6
- Weight (kg): 75lb, 34kg
- Dimensions (hxwxd) : 18,5 x 14,0 x 11,2 inch , 470 x 350 x 280 mm
- Safety EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, EN-IEC 62109-1
- Emission, Immunity EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Road vehicles 12V and 24V models: ECE R10-5
Two AC inputs with integrated transfer switch
The Quattro can be connected to two independent AC sources, for example, the public grid and a generator, or two generators. The Quattro will automatically connect to the active source.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The Quattro takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is life only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the Quattro. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
Up to 6 Quattro units can operate in parallel. Six units 48/10000/140, for example, will provide 48kW / 60kVA output power and 840 Amps charging capacity.
Three phase capability
Three units can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected to provide 144kW / 180kVA inverter power and more than 2500A charging capacity.
PowerControl – Dealing with limited generator, shoreside or grid power
The Quattro is a very powerful battery charger. It will, therefore, draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (16A per 5kVA Quattro at 230VAC). A current limit can be set on each AC input. The Quattro will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is spare for charging, thus preventing the generator or mains supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist – Boosting shore or generator power
This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension allowing the Quattro to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Quattro will make sure that insufficient mains or generator power are immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC power available even during a grid failure
The Quattro can be used in off grid as well as grid-connected PV and other alternative energy systems. Loss of mains detection software is available.
- In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes
with a DIP switch setting procedure.
- Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System
- Off-grid, grid interactive, and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar
Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
On-site Monitoring and control
Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color Control GX or other GX devices, smartphone or tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232).
Remote Monitoring and control
Color Control GX or other GX devices. Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed and settings can be changed remotely.