|Dimensions||23 × 23 × 8 cm|
Victron Energy BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor
Victron Energy Smart Battery Monitor
With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV-712 Smart can connect to your smart phone for programming and monitoring.
Features and Specifications:
- Bluetooth inside
- Download the Victron Bluetooth app for smart phones
- Easy to install
- Midpoint voltage monitoring
- Very low current draw from the battery
- Bi-stable alarm relay
- Supply voltage: 6.5 to 70 Volts DC
- Battery capacity: 20 to 9,999 Amp-hours (Ah)
- 500A / 50mV shunt included
- 10 meter cable included
- 5 year warranty
Victron Energy LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/60Ah Smart
The Victron Energy LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/60Ah Smart is extraordinarily high-performance batteries. It needs to be used in conjunction with the Victron BMS control system. Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 battery or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types. Check the full specifications of Victron Energy LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/60Ah Smart below
VOLTAGE AND CAPACITY
- Nominal voltage 12,8V
- Nominal capacity @ 25°C* 60Ah
- Nominal capacity @ 0°C* 48Ah
- Nominal capacity @ -20°C* 30Ah
- Nominal energy @ 25°C* 768Wh
CYCLE LIFE (capacity ≥ 80% of nominal)
- 80% DoD 2500 cycles
- 70% DoD 3000 cycles
- 50% DoD 5000 cycles
- Maximum continuous discharge current 120A
- Recommended continuous discharge current ≤60A
- End of discharge voltage 11V
- Operating temperature Discharge: -20°C to +50°C, Charge: +5°C to +50°C
- Storage temperature -45°C to +70°C
- Humidity (non-condensing) Max. 95%
- Protection class IP 22
- Charge voltage Between 14V/28V and 14,4V/28,8V (14,2V/28,4V recommended)
- Float voltage 13,5V/27V
- Maximum charge current 120A
- Recommended charge current ≤30A
- Max storage time @ 25°C* 1 year
- BMS connection Male + female cable with M8 circular connector, length 50cm
- Power connection (threaded inserts) M8
- Dimensions (hxwxd) mm 240 x 285 x 132
- Weight 12kg
Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types. The nominal voltage of a LFP cell is 3,2V (lead-acid: 2V/cell). A 12,8V LFP battery therefore consists of 4 cells connected in series; and a 25,6V battery consists of 8 cells connected in series.
Lead-acid batteries will fail prematurely due to sulfation:
• If it operates in deficit mode during long periods of time (i.e. if the battery is rarely, or never at all, fully charged).
• If it is left partially charged or worse, fully discharged (yacht or mobile home during wintertime).
LFP batteries do not need to be fully charged. Service life even slightly improves in case of partial charge instead of a full charge. This is a major advantage of LFP compared to lead-acid. Other advantages are the wide operating temperature range, excellent cycling performance, low internal resistance and high efficiency (see below). LFP is therefore the chemistry of choice for very demanding applications.
In several applications (especially off-grid solar and/or wind), energy efficiency can be of crucial importance. The round trip energy efficiency (discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% charged) of the average leadacid battery is 80%. The round trip energy efficiency of a LFP battery is 92%. The charge process of lead-acid batteries becomes particularly inefficient when the 80% state of charge has been reached, resulting in efficiencies of 50% or even less in solar systems where several days of reserve energy is required (battery operating in 70% to 100% charged state). In contrast, a LFP battery will still achieve 90% efficiency under shallow discharge conditions.
Size and weight
Saves up to 70% in space Saves up to 70% in weight
LFP batteries are expensive when compared to lead-acid. But in demanding applications, the high initial cost will be more than compensated by longer service life, superior reliability and excellent efficiency.
With Bluetooth cell voltages, temperature and alarm status can be monitored. Very useful to localize a (potential) problem, such as cell imbalance.
Victron Energy system monitoring
The Victron Energy Venus GX is the communication-center of your installation. Venus allows you to talk to all components in your system and ensure they are working in harmony. Monitoring of live data, and changing settings is performed by using your smartphone (or other device) via their free-to-use Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM).
This device provides intuitive control and monitoring. It has the same functionality as the Color Control GX, with a few extras:
– lower cost, mainly because it has no display or buttons
– 3 tank sender inputs
– 2 temperature inputs
The Victron Energy MultiPlus Compact 24/2000/50-50 120V VE.Bus is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Models range from 800VA to 5000VA per module.
Unique PowerAssist feature
The MultiPlus will prevent overload of a limited AC source. First, battery charging will automatically be reduced when otherwise an overload would occur. The second level will boost the output of a generator or shore side supply with power taken from the battery.
Uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)
In the event of a grid failure or shore or generator power being disconnected, the inverter within the Multi is automatically activated and takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Three phase or split phase operation is also possible. Please check our datasheets to see which models have paralleling, three phase and split phase capabilities.
Victron 335 Watt RV Solar Kit
CONTACT OUR WAREHOUSE FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE
Complete with all the wiring and mounting for your RV or Travel Trailer
Victron RV Solar kits make adding solar to your RV easy and affordable. Our kit includes a Canadian Solar ™ CS1H-335 Watt Split-Cell panel, MC4 cables, Victron 100/50 SmartSolar MPPT charge controller, Bluesea 60A output breaker, Victron Smartsense temperture sensor, and Z bracket mounting kits.
|1 x Canadian Solar™ CS1H-335 Watt Solar Panel 170cm x 99.2cm x 3.5cm 18.5kg|
|1 x 50Amp Victron 100/50 SmartSolar MPPT charge controller|
|1 x Victron Smartsense temperature sensor|
|1 x MC4 RV cable kit 25 ft Red and 25 ft Black with 2 ends|
|2 x Z bracket Mounting Kit|
|1 x Bluesea 60A Resetable Output breaker|
Expandable to 2 x 335W Panels. Check out our expansion kits here
CONTACT OUR WAREHOUSE FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE
Victron Energy VE.Bus BMS
The VE.Bus BMS Part Number: BMS300200000 , protects each individual cell of a Victron lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) battery.
Each individual cell of a LiFePO4 battery must be protected against over voltage, under voltage and over temperature. Victron LiFePO4 batteries have integrated Balancing, Temperature and Voltage control (acronym: BTV) and connect to the VE.Bus BMS with two M8 circular connector cord sets. The BTVs of several batteries can be daisy chained. Please see our LiFePO4 battery documentation for details.
The Victron VE.Bus BMS will:
Shut down or disconnect loads in case of imminent cell under voltage.
Reduce charge current in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature (VE.Bus products only, see below).
Shut down or disconnect battery chargers in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature.
Protects 12V, 24V and 48V systems
The operating voltage range of the BMS: 9 to 70V DC.
Communicates with all VE.Bus products
It connects to a MultiPlus, Quattro or Phoenix inverter with a standard RJ45 UTP cable.
Other products, without VE.Bus can be controlled as shown below:
The Load Disconnect output is normally high and becomes free floating in case of imminent cell under voltage. Maximum current: 2A.
The Load Disconnect output can be used to control-
- the remote on/off of a load, and/or
- the remote on/off of an electronic load switch (Battery Protect)
The Charge Disconnect output is normally high and becomes free floating in case of imminent cell over voltage or over temperature. Maximum current: 10mA.
The Charge Disconnect output can be used to control
- the remote on/off of a charger and/or
- a Cyrix-Li-Charge relay and/or
- a Cyrix-Li-ct Battery Combiner
- Enabled (blue): VE.Bus products are enabled.
- Cell > 4V or temperature (red): charge disconnect output low because of imminent cell over voltage or over temperature.
- Cell> 2,8V (blue): load disconnect output high.
Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller SCC110030210. Remotely control and monitor your SmartSolar MPPT Charger with built-in bluetooth via VictronConnect
Built-In Bluetooth Smart: Monitor or update the controller via smartphones or other devices. (No longer requires a dongle)
Up to 440 watts at 12 volts, 880 watts at 24 volts
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) and 98% peak efficiency
Victron Energy QUA245023110 Quattro 24/5000/120-100/100 120V VE.Bus
- PowerControl / PowerAssist Yes
- Integrated Transfer switch Yes
- AC inputs (2x) Input voltage range: 90-140 VAC Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz Power factor: 1
- Maximum feed through current 2x 100 A
- Input voltage range 9,5 – 17 V, 19 – 33V, 38 – 66 V
- Output (1): Output voltage: 120 VAC ± 2% and Frequency: 60 Hz ± 0,1%
- Cont. output power at 25°C (3) 5000 VA
- Cont. output power at 25°C 4000 W
- Cont. output power at 40°C 3700 W
- Cont. output power at 65°C 3000 W
- Peak power 10000 W
- Maximum efficiency 94 %
- Zero load power 30 W
- Zero load power in AES mode 25 W
- Zero load power in Search mode 10 W
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ (V DC) 28,8V
- Charge voltage ‘float’ (V DC) 27,6V
- Storage mode (V DC) 26,4 V
- Charge current house battery (A) (4) 120 A
- Charge current starter battery (A) 4 A (12V and 24V models only)
- Battery temperature sensor Yes
- Auxiliary output (5) 50 A
- Programmable relay (6) 3x
- Protection (2) a-g
- VE.Bus communication port for parallel, split phase, and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General purpose com. port 2x
- Remote on-off Yes
- Common Characteristics operating temp.: -40 to +65˚C, Humidity (non-condensing): max. 95%
- Common Characteristics: Material & Colour aluminium (blue RAL 5012) Protection category: IP 21
- Battery-connection four M8 bolts (2 plus and 2 minus connections)
- 230 V AC-connection Bolts M6
- Weight (kg): 66 lb, 30kg
- Dimensions (hxwxd) : 17,5 x 13,0 x 9,6 inch , 444 x 328 x 240 mm
- Safety EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, EN-IEC 62109-1
- Emission, Immunity EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Road vehicles 12V and 24V models: ECE R10-5
Two AC inputs with integrated transfer switch
The Quattro can be connected to two independent AC sources, for example, the public grid and a generator, or two generators. The Quattro will automatically connect to the active source.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The Quattro takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is life only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the Quattro. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
Up to 6 Quattro units can operate in parallel. Six units 48/10000/140, for example, will provide 48kW / 60kVA output power and 840 Amps charging capacity.
Three phase capability
Three units can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected to provide 144kW / 180kVA inverter power and more than 2500A charging capacity.
PowerControl – Dealing with limited generator, shoreside or grid power
The Quattro is a very powerful battery charger. It will, therefore, draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (16A per 5kVA Quattro at 230VAC). A current limit can be set on each AC input. The Quattro will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is spare for charging, thus preventing the generator or mains supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist – Boosting shore or generator power
This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension allowing the Quattro to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Quattro will make sure that insufficient mains or generator power are immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC power available even during a grid failure
The Quattro can be used in off grid as well as grid-connected PV and other alternative energy systems. Loss of mains detection software is available.
- In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes
with a DIP switch setting procedure.
- Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System
- Off-grid, grid interactive, and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar
Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
On-site Monitoring and control
Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color Control GX or other GX devices, smartphone or tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232).
Remote Monitoring and control
Color Control GX or other GX devices. Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed and settings can be changed remotely.
Victron Energy Phoenix Charger 12/50 (2+1) 120-240V SKU : PCH012050001
- Input voltage range (V AC): 90-265
- Input voltage range (V DC): 90-400
- Frequency (Hz): 45-65
- Power factor: 1
- Charge voltage ‘absorption’ (V DC): 14,4
- Charge voltage ‘float’ (V DC): 13,8
- Storage mode (V DC): 13,2
- Charge current house batt. (A) (2): 50
- Charge current starter batt. (A): 4
- Charge characteristic: 4 stage adaptive
- Battery capacity (Ah): 200-800
- Temperature sensor √
- Can be used as power supply √
- Forced cooling √
- Protection (1): a,b,c,d
- Operating temp. range: -20 to 60°C (0 – 140°F)
- Humidity (non-condensing): max 95%
- Material & Colour: aluminium (blue RAL 5012)
- Battery-connection: M6 studs
- AC-connection: screw-clamp 4 mm² (AWG 11)
- Protection category: IP 21
- Weight kg (lbs): 3,8 (8)
- Dimensions (hxwxd in mm and inches): 350x200x108 mm (13.8×7.9×4.3 inch)
- Safety: EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29
- Emission Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 61000-3-2,
- Automotive Directive: EN 55014-2, EN 61000-3-3
- Vibration: IEC68-2-6:10-150Hz/1.0G
Adaptive 4-stage charge characteristic: bulk – absorption – float – storage
The Phoenix Charger features a microprocessor controlled ‘adaptive’ battery management system that can be preset to suit different types of batteries. The ‘adaptive’ feature will automatically optimize the process relative to the way the battery is being used.
The right amount of charge: variable absorption time
When only shallow discharges occur (a yacht connected to shore power for example) the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
Preventing damage due to excessive gassing: the BatterySafe mode (see fig. 2 below)
If, in order to quickly charge a battery, a high charge current in combination with a high absorption voltage has been chosen, the victron energy phoenix charger will prevent damage due to excessive gassing by automatically limiting the rate of voltage increase once the gassing voltage has been reached (see the charge curve between 14,4 V and 15,0 V in fig. 2 below).
Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage mode (see fig. 1 & 2 below)
The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the storage mode, float voltage is reduced to 2,2 V/cell (13,2 V for 12 V battery) to minimize gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.
To increase battery life: temperature compensation
Every Victron Energy Phoenix Charger comes with a battery temperature sensor. When connected, charge voltage will automatically decrease with increasing battery temperature. This feature is especially recommended for sealed batteries and/or when important fluctuations of battery temperature are expected.
Battery voltage sense
In order to compensate for voltage loss due to cable resistance, Phoenix Chargers are provided with a voltage sense facility so that the battery always receives the correct charge voltage. Universal 90-265 V AC input voltage range and also suitable for DC supply (AC-DC and DC-DC operation). The chargers will accept a 90-400 V DC supply.
Every Victron Energy Phoenix Charger is ready to communicate with a computer through its RS-485 data port. Together with our VEConfigure software, which can be downloaded free of charge from our website www.victronenergy.com and the data link MK2-USB (see accessories), all parameters of the chargers can be customized.